Call for Virtual Rooms and Socials
, Mon May 3rd through Fri the 7th
ICLR 2021 will continue to support the strong community-building role that is so central to the conference. We hope to create opportunities for all participants to meet new people and to share knowledge, best-practices, opportunities, and interests. To enable this, we will support several virtual rooms and socials.
A virtual room or social is a participant-led video-driven meeting centred around different themes. These themes can be anything ranging from:
- A gathering around research topics and interests (e.g., generative models, reinforcement learning, covid-19, social impact ML),
- Around skills exchange and training (e.g., giving better presentations, guidance on academic job applications), supporting affinity group meetings (e.g., QueerInAI, Women in Machine Learning),
- Or other social and intellectual gatherings (e.g., 1st virtual conference, ICLR book club).
We will list these events on the ICLR 2021 Virtual Conference webpage with a link the video session, and include it in the calendar of events and support its publicity.
- If you are interested in hosting a virtual room/social, Please Complete this Form.
- Virtual rooms are typically 2-hour long video sessions, must have two leads (who will organise the session, moderate the session, and ensure respectful communication). Organisers and guests should be registered participants of ICLR.
- Submission deadline March 29
- We will review these as quickly as we can after the deadline. We may combine activities, or suggest other modifications (such as suggesting alternative dates/times) in order to balance the programme of activities.
Code of conduct: Being part of ICLR 2021, social events are subject to the general code of conduct of the meeting.
Submission Deadline: March 29, 2021
Notification: April 9, 2021