Dear Travel Awardee:
In order to receive your Travel Award check please bring your prepared documents to the Registration Desk on Tuesday or Wednesday during the am/pm coffee or lunch breaks. Checks must be personally picked up by the awardee.
You will be given the check once we receive the following:
1. Paper copy of all receipts
- A printout showing the list of receipts, amounts, converted to USD $ amount and total of receipts. (see Example provided below).Use https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/ to convert your costs to USD and list the conversion rate used to arrive at your total sum.
- We must see your ICLR name badge
- We must see your government-issued ID or university-issued ID
- Airline receipt and/or your E-ticket receipt showing your airfare amount paid (your proof of travel costs)
- Hotel registration confirmation showing room cost and/or your receipt (your proof of lodging costs)
- ICLR registration receipt
- Taxi, bus, rental car and train receipts. If driving a car you can include gas receipts.
- ICLR will keep these paper receipts and your USD sum sheet for tax related purposes.
- Travel award amounts distributed to a recipient that are greater than the sum of acceptable travel receipts provided by that recipient are considered taxable income to the travel award recipient by United States tax authorities.
- Travel award recipients whose sum of acceptable travel receipts DO NOT equal or exceed their travel support award will receive United States IRS Form 1099-MISC for use in preparing their taxes.
- To comply with this law, ICLR requires all travel support award recipients to complete either a W-8 or W-9 Form that will be used if United States IRS Form 1099-MISC is required. These are attached for your use. Please fill out the appropriate form that applies to you and bring along with your receipts.