Papers should be submitted by 6pm EAT (East Africa Time, UTC+3) on 25 September 2019 using the conference submission system at: https://openreview.net/group?id=ICLR.cc/2020/Conference
- The recommended paper length is 8 pages, with unlimited additional pages for citations.
- There will be a strict upper limit of 10 pages for the main text. Reviewers will be instructed to apply a higher standard to papers in excess of 8 pages.
- Authors may use as many pages of appendices (after the bibliography) as they wish, but reviewers are not required to read these.
- There will be an optional field to submit link to code at the time of submission. Code submission can strengthen the review process and we encourage all authors to submit code as part of their submission. Please keep in mind the double-blind nature of the review process, so code that is submitted should not reveal the identities of authors. You can use any means to share anonymous code: one simple way is to share code in an anonymous cloud storage (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive). If you are not comfortable sharing code in the public field, you can, after submission, make a private comment (to Reviewers and ACs) including a URL to your code.
Authors are encouraged to participate in the public discussion of their paper, as well as of any other paper submitted to the conference. Submissions and reviews are both anonymous. For detailed instructions about the format of the paper, please visit www.iclr.cc.
Style files and Templates
To prepare your submission to ICLR 2020, please use the LaTeX style files provided at: https://github.com/ICLR/Master-Template/blob/master/archive/iclr2020.zip
Submissions to ICLR are uploaded on OpenReview, which enables public discussion.
- Official reviews are anonymous and publicly visible.
- Anybody who is logged in can post comments that are publicly visible or restrict visibility to reviewers and up, ACs and up, or just PCs. Login is required before posting any comment.
Authors are encouraged to revise their paper as many times as needed up until the paper submission deadline. Authors can participate in the discussion about their paper, as well as about any other paper submitted to the conference, at any time. By 4 November 2019, we expect all reviews to be completed. Reviews are anonymous and publicly visible in Open Review. Once the reviews are posted, authors are free to upload modifications to the paper during the two week discussion period.
During the discussion period, authors may address reviewer comments and make changes to their papers. During this period, a pdfdiff will be applied to compare new changes to the paper against the original submission. Area chairs and reviewers reserve the right to ignore changes that are significantly different from the original paper. In addition, during this period, any submission that is cited will be given an anonymous BibTex entry After discussion there will be an internal discussion period amongst reviewers and ACs with the aim of summarising the review process, after which acceptance decisions are made.
Papers that are not accepted will be considered non-archival, and may be submitted elsewhere (modified or not), although the OpenReview site will maintain the reviews, the comments, and links to the versions submitted to ICLR.